Techie sayings

Had a great one over the summer. The SM I was working with called a light cue, went like this: "LQ 15.....GO! NO! UNGO UNGO!!!!!".

Or my other long-timer favorite, "Lighting is Sexy".

"Love it, lock it, leave it!"

Charc, you were busy <cmd> <Z> -ing!:)

There was one like this. We had...the Doodlebops show in about a month ago. The LD called the spot cues as "and ggggggggoooooooooo". That's one laid back LD. We didn't know the exact time to do our cue considering it took him 5 seconds to call it. haha he was a great guy though

I worked on the tv show for 3 years. :)

What did you think?
JH

<you were busy <cmd> <Z> -ing>

This may be one of those "What happens in Vegas" sayings.

Maybe Derek can't come right out and say it- for honor's sake and all. You understand.

:)

Best complement by the other ME - the old timer I ever got where I work was "you polished up that turd really well." For him that was quite the complement though we have merged styles and had other meetings of the mind and fellowship advice/understanding since than in getting past the yes it's a turd but what do you think type of way.

I just got the plot in for our next show and the first note on it reads:

"If you have any questions or if anything on this plot looks stupid, please call."

Definitely my favorite note on a plot to date.

Best complement by the other ME - the old timer I ever got where I work was "you polished up that turd really well." For him that was quite the complement though we have merged styles and had other meetings of the mind and fellowship advice/understanding since than in getting past the yes it's a turd but what do you think type of way.

Sort of like the saying " It's ..... Crap-tastic"

There was one like this. We had...the Doodlebops show in about a month ago. The LD called the spot cues as "and ggggggggoooooooooo". That's one laid back LD. We didn't know the exact time to do our cue considering it took him 5 seconds to call it. haha he was a great guy though
Maybe he wanted a five second fade up, and you were supposed to start when he started the "g-word" and reach full intensity when he finished? :lol: Of course, the flaw would be you didn't know how long he would go on for...

Or my other long-timer favorite, "Lighting is Sexy".
Yes, I agree. I also like in your signature, "Peace through cubits," and the one about the rules--well, okay, I like your signature.

And I think I will from now on have to have something to that effect on my plots!
Me too!

Our nightly inspirational speech from our Crew Chief: "Have a good show and don't screw up."

One I use whenever someone new joins the crew: "You realize, of course, that since you're new here, everything is your fault. Right?"

On our off season events, sometimes the groups using our facilities will bring in techs who've never worked a show in their lives. They often ask, "What if something goes wrong?" I tell them, "I don't worry about whether things are going to go wrong anymore. I just accept that things are going to go wrong and deal with the problems when they happen." How's that for inspirational?;)

I think my favorite, though, is: "Don't you ever go home?:shock:

Last edited:
.....One I use whenever someone new joins the crew: "You realize, of course, that since you're new here, everything is your fault. Right?".......

Reminds me of the one I use around here all the time, " I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was Blaming you."

Personal favorite:
In the shop, when asked how long something needs to be...
"Oh, about yeh big"
(only occasionally followed with an approximation with hands)

Gets some funny looks from the performance majors putting in their shop lab time for the quarter.

Here's one from my scenic carpentry days:

No matter how many times I cut it, its still too short!:mrgreen:
Sounds like you need to get a "pink wood strecther"
one of the things we used to send noobs to the tool room to find.
I actually sent a guy to the hardware store once with a shopping list, in the middle of the list was " spirit level fluid" he was there for hours. :lol:

When anyone asks me how long something is going to take, my standard response is:

"Off hand I'd say it'll be done when it's done. But that's just an approximation, so don't hold me to it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back