Theater Tech Class

csilvia9

Hi, I am putting together a Theater Tech Class for junior high students. Can anyone recommend a good book that covers basic Theater Tech?

Thank you
Csilvia9

Last edited by a moderator:
THank you I ordered several books from Amazon they should give me some kind of direction.

not a problem, if you need anything else I'd be glad to help out. I'm pretty busy with some shows coming up but I'm teaching high school tech down in barrington and would be glad to lend a hand if you need anything else.

I've said it over and over here, but the only book I recommend for a beginning high school and younger tech classes is the Stock Scenery Construction Handbook is a good one for students along the way in high school but it isn't a great starting point.

Save the Gilette et al for College intro courses.

I use the book "theatrical design and production" with my students. It is a wonderful book to introduce kids to technical theater. It is a college based text, but I find that it is simple enough for even freshman high schoolers to understand. Its the only book that covers every aspect of the theater in such depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back