Thin long RGB LED strip advice

Hi,

I'm about to install a RGB LED strip for a permanent installation. And I'm looking for vendor/product advice.

It's going to run close to the ceiling to give a "glow" around a room. The rooms 2 walls are glass, the LEDs will hang a couple of inches from the ceiling.

The total length of strip is around 25'. The strip is going around one 90 degree corner (2 walls).

I realize that 25' is quite long and many off the shelf strips are shorter than this. But are there solutions that daisy chain?

I'd be very grateful for any product recommendations you'd have both for RGB strips, power supply and DMX decoder.

Thanks!

High Intensity LED Light Fixture - iColor Cove MX Powercore from Philips

proxy.php

The Acclaim X-Sticks are great fixtures, just worked on an install with a couple of them the other day. They have tricolor LEDs in them and are pretty darn bright for their size. They daisy-chain via euroblock/phoenix style connectors on the back, one at each end for easy of daisy-chaining.

The Acclaim X-Sticks are great fixtures, just worked on an install with a couple of them the other day. They have tricolor LEDs in them and are pretty darn bright for their size. They daisy-chain via euroblock/phoenix style connectors on the back, one at each end for easy of daisy-chaining.

Thanks guys, I'm still looking for something a little thinner. Anyone has any experience with these flexible leds?

I need one that's 165" and another that's 175" (± a few inches). So the ones that can be cut to size seems like a really good idea.

I am however unsure about the daisy chaining these in terms of power requirements. They state 2.2W per foot and they are rated for 12VDC. So at 15' that's 33W. A DMX decoder on 33/12=2.75A per channel should suffice?

Thanks guys, I'm still looking for something a little thinner. Anyone has any experience with these flexible leds?

I need one that's 165" and another that's 175" (± a few inches). So the ones that can be cut to size seems like a really good idea.

I am however unsure about the daisy chaining these in terms of power requirements. They state 2.2W per foot and they are rated for 12VDC. So at 15' that's 33W. A DMX decoder on 33/12=2.75A per channel should suffice?

I've got some of the flexible LED strips that you link to above in use at my house. While they do generally work, I've found that quality control can be hit or miss. I've had to resolder probably 5 different places, and you only get one end that has wires pre-attached. The other end or any cuts you make, you'll have to solder the daisy chain connections yourself. I've also found that color matching between sections of the strip can sometimes vary.

In short, while I use them at my house, I'd never install them in a professional situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back