Thomas Super Truss 20.5" Pin Direction

R.Steck

I have a coworker that is demanding paperwork stating that all pins in truss with horizontal spigots need to point to the ground. Sadly I can't find any documentation online spelling out this basic guideline. Does anyone out here know of or has access to any form of documentation stating that all pins should go with gravity?

I may be misconstruing your intent--it seems to me as though you're trying to prove something that I've NEVER (after many years of assembling spigoted truss) seen--that pins should be placed NOT with the R-clip s toward the center of the truss.

I suspect the documentation you're seeking does not exist, for the same reason it matters not whether nuts and bolts go the same way on a joint or the length of the truss; structurally, it makes no difference whatsoever. It might save a total of five minutes for the "out," but the "in" takes 10 minutes longer. Negligible either way. However, "Keep your nuts out of the corner block s, boys."

Email the manufacturer, they will probably respond withing a day. Its in their best interest to ensure that people use their equipment correctly and safely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back