Timecode Nomad, Reaper and Loopbe1 Help please

Crisp image

settings.JPG

reaper setting.JPG

I am lost here so looking for help. I have searched the net and CB but have not found the answers.
I want to try timecoding (Christmas tree lights is the project) and I have the following equipment.
First is Nomad on PC 2.6.2
Second is Reaper 5.7 on same PC
Third is LoopBe1 which is an internal midi software that links software on the same PC so MIDI can be used.
What I cant do is get the nomad to talk to Reaper. I have been into setup and got theses settings
proxy.php

And the reaper settings for OSC. Should it be something other than OSC?
proxy.php

How can I tell if Nomad and Reaper are talking to each other.
I have been able to figure out how to learn timing but the external time clock does not start when I start the track in reaper which I thought it would or should do.
Any help would be great.
Regards
Geoff

Missing pic 3 n 4.

Loopbe can be tricky to setup.

Missing pic 3 n 4.

Loopbe can be tricky to setup.
Pic 3 & 4 are the same as the other ones.
There is no configuration with loopbe that I can find. Is there something easier/better to use?
Thanks

I'm 99% sure this isn't possible because Eos can only take in Timecode in from a ETC showcontrol gateway.

I think you need to find some software which can read/produce the timecode and send OSC commands into your Nomad.
If you post on the ETC showcontrol forum I'm sure some will confirm this 100%.

Eos support for timecode depends on the console. Version 2.6 added support for third party MIDI over USB devices, which would be considered Local I/O devices. The release notes don't comment on MTC vs MSC vs MIDI raw but one would hope that any MIDI sub-genre that the console supports is supported via the a MIDI over USB device (MTC, MSC, MIDI raw)

https://www.etcconnect.com/Support/Articles/Eos-Family-Show-Control-Capabilities.aspx
Accordng to this link I need a SCGW to do anything with the nomad. This is a cost I am not willing to pay at this stage.

As of version 2.6 Nomad supports MIDI over USB with third party devices. A show control gateway is not required for some things. I just can't speak for all things.

I've thus far only done OSC, so: did you turn on the necessary (network?) settings in the shell for Nomad to look for timecode? Check and double check port and IP adresses, Also check the computer's settings and make sure there's nothing in the way there (DHCP, fire will etc)

The support article you linked has just been updated. Thanks for pointing that out!
Well that must be the first time I have experienced ETC support in action. Well Done @HansH

I've thus far only done OSC, so: did you turn on the necessary (network?) settings in the shell for Nomad to look for timecode? Check and double check port and IP adresses, Also check the computer's settings and make sure there's nothing in the way there (DHCP, fire will etc)
OK I have had a look in the shell and could not find anything about allowing timecode but did discover a check box to enable midi over usb. Because I a using loopbe1 as my adapter I will try and see if I can get it to work when I get a chance.

EDIT: I use oscRFR so I know osc works.

I'm unfamiliar with MIDI loopback software and if it presents in the OS the same as a USB MIDI hardware device. I would try and send MIDI notes or MSC through the interface first, as you can then open the Diagnostics tab (Tab 99) and see if any MIDI message appears. (You'll see a line that says MIDI Raw -- for timecode, this would be rather overwhelming in diagnostics, so it's filtered out).

For the console to receive MTC:
You'll need to have an event list created (Tab 11, Event 1 / Enter), and set the event list to MIDI. Make sure the source number is the same as your MIDI Rx Group ID. Set External to On.
I'd recommend that the ACN MIDI Rx ID in Setup match the MIDI Rx Group ID number in Settings -> Local I/O. This makes sure any other reception of things like MSC is set up.
You will definitely need to have MIDI over USB enabled in the shell.

I'm unfamiliar with MIDI loopback software and if it presents in the OS the same as a USB MIDI hardware device. I would try and send MIDI notes or MSC through the interface first, as you can then open the Diagnostics tab (Tab 99) and see if any MIDI message appears. (You'll see a line that says MIDI Raw -- for timecode, this would be rather overwhelming in diagnostics, so it's filtered out).

For the console to receive MTC:
You'll need to have an event list created (Tab 11, Event 1 / Enter), and set the event list to MIDI. Make sure the source number is the same as your MIDI Rx Group ID. Set External to On.
I'd recommend that the ACN MIDI Rx ID in Setup match the MIDI Rx Group ID number in Settings -> Local I/O. This makes sure any other reception of things like MSC is set up.
You will definitely need to have MIDI over USB enabled in the shell.
It seems like Nomad is recieving the midi messages when I press the play button in Reaper. but I cant figure out how to get it to start the external time clock and then when I hit the go button for the next cue it needs to send out a marker for the time code into reaper.

Attachments

• raw midi.JPG
    raw midi.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back