Torches

csilvia9

I searched the archive but did find anything. I'm working on Oliver, and need some torches for the angry mob.
I just saw Wicked and their angry mob had some really nice torches. Im on a low school budget so was wondering if anyone had some instructions for making these. I know it's a fan with silk flames and lights. I am just not sure where to find a powerful and small fan that can run on less than 12v.
Any ideas?

Csilvia9

I searched the archive but did find anything. I'm working on Oliver, and need some torches for the angry mob.
I just saw Wicked and their angry mob had some really nice torches. Im on a low school budget so was wondering if anyone had some instructions for making these. I know it's a fan with silk flames and lights. I am just not sure where to find a powerful and small fan that can run on less than 12v.
Any ideas?

Csilvia9

Look for computer fans, most of them run on 5 or 12 volts. I would bet your school has some old computer laying around waiting to be scrapped that you could pull the fans out of. You can also convert the fans to USB pretty easily and use cheap battery powered phone chargers to run them. Your could run amber LED's off of it too.

Any ideas?

Csilvia9

Here's some info on the torches from Wicked

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We took these very cheap torches that I bought a case of and wrapped them with vacuum formed sticks and leather wrappings for Young Frankenstein. We had to shred the silk and cut holes in the vacuum form to allow air flow to the fan.
proxy.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back