Unclean power on amps.

If surges and lightning are a concern, a plug strip won't do it. A power conditioner won't either. The best way to deal with this is a properly sized surge arrestor at the building entrance panel, and another at any subpanels that serve technical systems. In Florida, it would certainly make sense to spend some money with a qualified electrical contractor to install surge suppression.
I used http://www.surgex.com/products/sx20nert.html for an arena in Florida as they provided both legitimate surge suppression and the 'remote kill' functionality from the life safety systems that the AHJ wanted, which required us actually powering off the amplifiers. For similar projects now I sometimes use the Lyntec distribution panels with the SurgeX sidecars, http://www.lyntec.com/products/accessories/sgx-series-sidecars. And online/double conversion UPS for digital consoles, DSP devices, etc. but not for amplifiers.

I used SurgeX - Products - SX1115R, RT, RL Surge Protector / Power Conditioners for an arena in Florida as they provided both legitimate surge suppression and the 'remote kill' functionality from the life safety systems that the AHJ wanted, which required us actually powering off the amplifiers. For similar projects now I sometimes use the Lyntec distribution panels with the SurgeX sidecars, Lyntec :: SGX Series Sidecars. And online/double conversion UPS for digital consoles, DSP devices, etc. but not for amplifiers.

Well I don't really have the money for a surge x, is this comparable:
Tripp Lite ISOBAR12ULTRA 12 Outlets 3840 Joules 15' Cord Isobar Premium Rackmount Surge Suppressor - Newegg.com

I used SurgeX - Products - SX1115R, RT, RL Surge Protector / Power Conditioners for an arena in Florida as they provided both legitimate surge suppression and the 'remote kill' functionality from the life safety systems that the AHJ wanted, which required us actually powering off the amplifiers. For similar projects now I sometimes use the Lyntec distribution panels with the SurgeX sidecars, Lyntec :: SGX Series Sidecars. And online/double conversion UPS for digital consoles, DSP devices, etc. but not for amplifiers.

Thanks for the mention Brad, LynTec also offers relay contacts that can be used to control outlets on or after your UPS to add them to the power sequence. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back