Job Announcment Universal Studios internship

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
"Prior internship experience related to position is preferred."

I find this very odd. They say that they would like you to have done an internship like this already, to get our internship you already must have done another internship like the one you are applying for.

Last edited:
Well, at least they aren't letting anyone assume the debt from moving out of state just to go into more debt to work for free.

"Prior internship experience related to position is preferred."

I find this very odd. They say that they would like you to have done an internship like this already, to get our internship you already must have done another internship like the one you are applying for.

It's not a hard requirement and the prior experience isn't limited to Universal and could be with another similar internship somewhere else -- but yes, they prefer return candidates as internships are a farm to draw from for their full-time hires after graduation. Also, FWIW, last year's interns probably got the fuzzy end of the lollipop as projects get back-burnered so anyone looking for a real internship opportunity probably needs a second chance.

I know both companies I interned at when I was in college had similar preferences even though it wasn't itemized in the job posting.

I have a friend who started there as an intern in Creative a couple years ago and is currently traveling to China to work on their new Beijing project. Not sure what her availability is the next month or so but if anyone here has questions for someone on the inside, she may be able to respond to questions if anyone wants to know in advance what it may be like -- at least to the extent her NDA allows her to speak about the experience.

It's not a hard requirement and the prior experience isn't limited to Universal and could be with another similar internship somewhere else -- but yes, they prefer return candidates as internships are a farm to draw from for their full-time hires after graduation. Also, FWIW, last year's interns probably got the fuzzy end of the lollipop as projects get back-burnered so anyone looking for a real internship opportunity probably needs a second chance.

I know both companies I interned at when I was in college had similar preferences even though it wasn't itemized in the job posting.

I have a friend who started there as an intern in Creative a couple years ago and is currently traveling to China to work on their new Beijing project. Not sure what her availability is the next month or so but if anyone here has questions for someone on the inside, she may be able to respond to questions if anyone wants to know in advance what it may be like -- at least to the extent her NDA allows her to speak about the experience.
I’d venture to say it’s very competitive and they want people with some experience to try and shave off the sorta interested people.

< sigh > Another way for profitable corporations to get free labor in exchange for a view of a mythical carrot. Bah AND humbug.

What's next, imate labor?

< sigh > Another way for profitable corporations to get free labor in exchange for a view of a mythical carrot. Bah AND humbug.

What's next, imate labor?

Not entirely sure what this comment is in regards to. From what I’ve heard, compensation and workplace culture are better than at Disney and interns get free access to the parks during their stay. In my friend’s case she was also pleasantly surprised when her internship ended just how much they offered her to go full time.

Can’t say I’ve heard much, if anything, about negatives for working for UC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back