Unusual Audio CD Problem

tpadgitt

Hey everyone,
I am new here but have often read this forum...

I have a realy strange issue. Our church records via audio CD our annual church business meeting (as well as our regular worship gatherings) to later transcribe and file in our church business files. This year it was recorded as usual and when our secretary went to access it the PC acted like it was a blank CD. We tried to open it on 3 different PC's, a MAC, Windows Media player, Itunes, and several CD players. It didn't play or recognize data on any of them. Here is the KICKER!!! The only place this audio plays perfectly is in my secretaries minivan CD player -a Factory Ford 2002 windstar CD player!!!!

It doesn't work anywhere else!!??? I have tried unhiding all file extensions to see if it happens to be saved as some obscure format and no luck. PLEASE HELP, our church needs to record our business meeting minutes from somewhere other than her Minivan. Thanks!

Is it a CD-R or a CD-RW?

It may have been a one-time hiccup with the CD or recorder, so I'd just run another CD through and see if it works properly before panicking.

If you recently switched brands/types/mfg dates of CD-R/Ws, it could also be possible that the new type/batch does not play well with the recorder. It shouldn't just "stop working" after functioning perfectly for however long.

Put it back in the machine that recorded it and make sure it is finalized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back