Control/Dimming Using iPhone Remote with GrandMAonPC

Hi Control Booth. I have the MA Lighting GrandMA(1) remote app installed on my iPhone 4. I have GrandMAonPC running on an HP Tablet Laptop and patched to an MA Lighting 2 Port Node Pro. Both the iPhone and the Laptop/Node are on the same Network. I am using an Apple Time Capsule as a wireless router to create my network. I've patched the laptop to one LAN port on the Time Capsule and the Node patched to another LAN port on the Time Capsule. The iPhone is connected to the Time Capsule over Wifi. The Laptop and Node will see and interact with each other, but the iPhone and laptop don't see each other. Any suggestions on how to make this work? Thanks.

PS. Please excuse the Angry Emoticon. I don't know why it is there, or how to remove it.

Last edited:
Emoticon is gone - if ever in need of assistance, don't hesitate to PM one of the CBMods or Senior Team for help...

Wild shot in the dark here...

Are you using a fixed IP address for the phone or is it being supplied one by the Time Capsule DHCP? I would imagine that since your LAN devices are using like IP ranges that in order for the wifi network to see the LAN, it would need to be assigned an IP address in the range of the other protocol. Try setting you phone's IP address manually to one digit higher than the console (XXX.XXX.XXX.X+1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back