Control/Dimming Help! Grandmaonpc 2.6.1.8 and Iphone remote app

cdseno

Hi Control Booth,

this is my first posting on a forum, so apologies if i don't follow the correct etiquette. I ussually solve problems like this on my own or with help from colleagues, but this one has me totally stumped.

I'm running Grandmaonpc 2.6.1.8 on a HP Probook 6545b and an Asus slate b121 with a 2-port node through an ASUS RT-N66U Router as the touring system for the company i'm working for, with a Grandma lite back home. I usually use the Slate as a focus remote,but i recently bought an i-phone (as i needed a new one, and i had finely resigned myself to the fact that Grandma will never release an app for android) and thought that i could try the Remote app. I set it up following what instructions i could find online (a utube clip in german being the most comprehesive) setting the ip on my phone to 192.168.0.105, with the router being 192.168.0.1, the node being xxx.161, and the computers being xxx.101, xxx.102 and xxx.103 (because i need two ips for the slate)

I then created a new user called remote, just in case there was some issue with the remote not having it's own user and installed both versions of the app on my iphone.

and when i open either of them all i get is 'Consoles' on the top of the screen.

I just don't know what the problem is. The firewall is disabled, I see my phones ip connected to the router, both laptops and the 2-port node communicate fine, and i even tried to connect my phone to the laptop using tightVNC, and there was no problem, so why is the app not working?

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

i would appreciate it a lot!

Make sure your phone is in airplane mode, and then turn on wifi and select your router. If your phone or ipad is communicating with only the ma router, it will work. Otherwise, it just doesn't know what to do. You may find some issues at the moment with your iphone / ipad remote timing out. We're seeing it and I think it is because the console has gone through many revisions, and the app has never been revised, nor is it sponsored by MA.

I would hold off on the iwing app until it is updated and has full use of encoder wheels.

Hope this helps.

Make sure your phone is in airplane mode, and then turn on wifi and select your router. If your phone or ipad is communicating with only the ma router, it will work. Otherwise, it just doesn't know what to do. You may find some issues at the moment with your iphone / ipad remote timing out. We're seeing it and I think it is because the console has gone through many revisions, and the app has never been revised, nor is it sponsored by MA.

I would hold off on the iwing app until it is updated and has full use of encoder wheels.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Tried this yesterday as you suggested, and it worked straight away. Thanks heaps! This is the first place i've read this suggestion, and i wouldn't have come up with it. Do you think it's the 3G signal interfering with the App? or something else? I did have a noticeable lag while i was onstage, about 25 metres from the router, and one crash, although i would most probably put this down to New York and the 60 other routers all transmitting on the same channel, so i'll do some more experiments in the next venue.

Thanks again.

Hi,

Tried this yesterday as you suggested, and it worked straight away. Thanks heaps! This is the first place i've read this suggestion, and i wouldn't have come up with it. Do you think it's the 3G signal interfering with the App? or something else? I did have a noticeable lag while i was onstage, about 25 metres from the router, and one crash, although i would most probably put this down to New York and the 60 other routers all transmitting on the same channel, so i'll do some more experiments in the next venue.

Thanks again.

When you are connected to 3G, you have an IP that puts you on the internet. When you are on Wifi, you have an IP as well. The MA app is not smart enough to figure out what network to use, therefore it does not use either.

Exactly. The app (that's never been updated) needs horse blinders on the network in order to function.

Oh, and to address the crashing - that's an issue with the newer console updates - my iPhone and iPad will crash with the app whether there is 1 or 51 networks present. The app developer is independent and needs to address this. MA won't support the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back