Vanishing Illusion With Fog

Hi,

I'm trying to create a similar fog effect to the one seen in this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(4:19).

Is it Liquid Nitrogen or CO2 which is used?
Can anyone recommend any machines which would be suitable for touring?

Many Thanks,

Mike

I suspect it is LN2 and not CO2 based on how full the cloud was. Either way, it is expensive. You would need a tech who is trained on using cryogenics on stage. There are also safety considerations. Special valves and manifolds with safety controls. There are many companies that have rental systems that can do this. Especially those companies that work in the Theme Park world and Film production special affects area. I have seen inexperienced techs mishandle LN2 and come close to a catastrophe. Please be extra careful if you go this route.

There are fast acting smoke machines and hasers that could simulate this effect but it wont look exactly the same. If you are shooting straight up, smoke based systems, by their nature will not fall straight down like LN2 will unless you chill the smoke. Again, doable but expensive.

Good luck.

Tom

I agree with Tom, this is not a cheap or easy trick, it can be dangerous, and all those factors get worse when it's on tour... but it sure is cool. I would contact MDG and Ultratec and see what they have for sale. I know Ultratec has what they call the Ice Jet which would do the trick nicely and I think MDG might have something too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back