Vectorworks Spotlight Help

shiben

Where would one go about finding a nice tutorial to get to use Vectorworks effectively? I am interested in using it to its fullest potential allowed by my computer (a 2nd? gen Black Macbook, so its kind of slow and has rendering issues, but it works). However, I have found that I take a long time to make anything, and even then its not really profesional looking. Does anyone know of a good resource for teaching the making of a light plot, stage plot, and then doing it all in 3d, to give to the client? Thanks!

If you would have looked in the glossary under Vectorworks you would have found this link - VectorWorks Tutorials for Theatre It will get you up and running but if you have a slow machine you have a slow machine and it will take time. Doing renderings in VW is not the same as previz I find it is better to put together one or two looks using light objects instead of trying to cue the show with a plot.

Thanks, I totally missed that. Still finding new stuff on CB every time I log on. The goal was to be able to make it look sort of like it will, but not pre-viz, just a general idea, because some of the shows I am doing this year are off of our campus (Dance Recitals being the prominent one) and there wont be time for us to do our normal routine of showing the looks, and editing them on the spot, so I wanted to have some way of getting feedback. Thanks!

Google search vectorwork tutorials and look for a Internet tutorial by a cornell professor. I taught myself 2d and 3d in spotlight with those things. PM me if you want to ask any specific questions. I feel I am fairly knowledgeable about the subject.

Michael

Do the vectorworks tutorials also have troubleshooting advice? I imported a file from 12.5 version into the 2009 version and created a new label legend and added new lights. Everything was working except when I tried to update the paperwork it didn't work. I cleared all the contents in the old paperwork but it still doesn't want to update it.
Avi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back