Vintage Lighting Vintage hardware catalogs

JonCarter

In cleaning our old (really old!) files I've found a number of catalogs of theatre lighting equipment and hardware. I'll be glad to send this material to anyone who collects such. I hate to send it to the paper recycler!

I may be interested. Pictures?

I'm surprised more people haven't responded. If no one else chimes in I would also be interested. I don't know about my scanning skills but it would be great if someone could make these available.

Interested. What do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gafftapegreenia, JohnD and rsmentele, please excuse my slow response! I have been tied up on other projects and didn't see your responses until today. Please give me a week or so and I will get some photos up for you, or if you send me ([email protected]) your email addresses I can email them to you directly.

Well guys, it took longer than "a week or so." At this time of year the garden's coming in and canning season is upon us and it seems little else gets done. But the oldies are finally photo'ed and I have the covers of the items I've located. (There may be more.) I would be glad to scan any one (or a few) to .PDF if you're interested. Please email me, [email protected]. If there's someone who maintains a library of such stuff and makes it available to all, I'll ship it to such a person or organization. Now, to see if I can attach JPGs. . . . Seems there's a limit of 10 files per post, and I've got 41 of them. So here goes the first 10.

Attachments

• MAJOR CONTROL.jpg
    MAJOR CONTROL.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 402
  • MOLEQUARTZ.jpg
    MOLEQUARTZ.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 398
  • M-R 2.jpg
    M-R 2.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 401
  • M-R NEW.jpg
    M-R NEW.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 383
  • M-R TV.jpg
    M-R TV.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 401
  • MUTUAL.jpg
    MUTUAL.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 388
  • PARAMOUNT.jpg
    PARAMOUNT.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 419
  • STRONG T.jpg
    STRONG T.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 374
  • STRONG T'ETTE.jpg
    STRONG T'ETTE.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 359
  • THEATRE HOUSE.jpg
    THEATRE HOUSE.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 392
Nest 10 . . .

Attachments

• BECKER.jpg
    BECKER.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 396
  • CHANNON.jpg
    CHANNON.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 357
  • EASTERN.jpg
    EASTERN.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 359
  • HISTORY.jpg
    HISTORY.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 387
  • IES CURRENT.jpg
    IES CURRENT.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 371
  • KLIEGL TV.jpg
    KLIEGL TV.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 359
  • LIGHTING SVCS.jpg
    LIGHTING SVCS.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 358
  • LITTLE.jpg
    LITTLE.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 383
  • M-R.jpg
    M-R.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 370
  • TV ROUTINES.jpg
    TV ROUTINES.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 359
Next 10 . . .

Attachments

• CLANCY.jpg
    CLANCY.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 367
  • GE SS 2.jpg
    GE SS 2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 360
  • GRAND 1.jpg
    GRAND 1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 378
  • GRAND 2.jpg
    GRAND 2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 375
  • GRAND 3.jpg
    GRAND 3.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 369
  • HUB CHILDREND.jpg
    HUB CHILDREND.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 381
  • HUB LITTLE.jpg
    HUB LITTLE.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 346
  • HUB OPEN STAGE.jpg
    HUB OPEN STAGE.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 368
  • HUB SCHOOL.jpg
    HUB SCHOOL.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 359
  • JACK FROST.jpg
    JACK FROST.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 367
Next 10 . . .

Attachments

• AMERICAN.jpg
    AMERICAN.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 365
  • CAPITOL.jpg
    CAPITOL.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 352
  • CENTURY REMOTE.jpg
    CENTURY REMOTE.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 364
  • CENTURY.jpg
    CENTURY.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 370
  • DEVELOPMENTS.jpg
    DEVELOPMENTS.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 373
  • GE-SS 1.jpg
    GE-SS 1.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 386
  • SMPTE EVOLUTION.jpg
    SMPTE EVOLUTION.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 359
  • SS Pocket.jpg
    SS Pocket.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 347
  • SYMPOSIUM.jpg
    SYMPOSIUM.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 368
  • TPS.jpg
    TPS.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 388
Is there a date on either the Capitol or Century Remote catalogs?

I'll try to drag @ship into this thread. In the past, he has had someone at his company scan and create PDFs of catalogs. Don't know if that service is still available or not.

Derek, The Capitol catalog carries a copyright date of 1963; the Century Remote literature carries a copyright date of 1959. The Capitol item is a full catalog, about 3/8" thick; the "Century Remote" piece is a 4-page brochure.

I for one, would love to see scans of these types of documents available to peruse.
I have a few old radio parts catalogs that are just fascinating to browse.

I for one, would love to see scans of these types of documents available to peruse.
I have a few old radio parts catalogs that are just fascinating to browse.

seems my switched back to internet - Comcast is running a lot slow tonight - hard to get on. Something in the space/time continuam probably. And still busy building the castle loft bed for my child at the moment.

Where I work I normally have the receptionests when not busy photocopy to PDF such catalogues. They can create a thumb drive file I can mail to Derek or email large PDF file that he can post to the net these catalogues. Than I will ship the catalogues back to you for ebay type resale, your own collection or I can ship them off to Fred at ETC or Penn State. I have a few catalogues of my own but am not a collection source for seeing viewing them. I believe those two sources are the most notable locations to send historical stuff to at this point.

Last edited:
I would love a scan of the American Stage lighting catalog, I used to buy from them (they used to advertise in Theatre Crafts magazine, pre-internet that was the main way to find suppliers.
Interesting for @ship to suggest sending things off to Fred@ETC, I wonder if they would be interested in becoming the de facto repository for such things, that would be awesome.
Soooo, how did your garden do this year, do you put up pickled okra?

JohnD,
No pickled okra, but about 120 qts of tomato juice, 100 pints of other assorted tomato stuff (sauce, paste, salsa, jam, etc.), 50 pints of green beans, a dozen qts of dill pickles, 40 pints of carrots, 50 pints of apple sauce, a bunch of apple pie filling, 65 pints of sliced peaches, peach preserves, peach pie filling, and tomorrow, apple jam. We usually don't dig the potatoes until mid-November. Also a load of dried peaches & apples to snack on.

If you give me your email address I'll be glad to scan send you the 'Amerian' catalog on PDF. [email protected], and give me a few days.

JohnD emailed me, I scanned the catalog he requested and sent it to him. Anyone else? As I said earlier, I will gladly ship all of this material to anyone willing to archive it and make it available to all who want/need it. Otherwise my kids will just send it all to the paper recycler some day.

If John D can put it on the web, any more shipping or scanning wouldn't be needed. Otherwise I can also have it scanned and send a thumb drive to Derek, who than can put it on the website file of them. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back