visualization software for small theatre

dreamist

Hi all!

I'm wondering what the consensus is for DMX visualization software for small community theatres etc.. Is Capture the most cost effective option at around $445 for Solo? Small venue, only a few movers and mostly conventional, etc..

Visualization isn't needed of course, but it sure would be nice to be able to get a jump on cue programming sometimes..

Thanks!

I can't speak for all small theatres but Capture Solo is good value if you can squeeze your rig into a single universe. Fairly easy to use and easy integration with Trimble SketchUp for building accurate models of the venue and each production. The scene feature is handy for storyboarding the show.

+1 for Capture. I spent ages researching all options before I bought Capture. Started off with Polar, then got Argo and have now just upgraded to Atlas.
I think it is the best value and once you have got to grips with it you'll wonder why you waited so long to do it. I design circus shows and its so useful to figure out where we can put trapezes, wirewalks etc and how we can light them, and what beam angles to use etc.
All of the visualisers have weird interfaces - if you are used to regular Mac or PC programs - these are different. Still worth getting to know though.

I love capture, picked it up earlier this year and now use it for basically every project.

Here is something I whipped up for a big hometown show:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back