VL1000 won't lamp

markviml

I have 1 of my 2 VL1000 AS that won't lamp on. For about a week it was dimmer than it's counterpart, though both only have ~100 hours on their lamps. Today it wouldn't come on at all. Swapped in a new lamp, no change. Swapped to a spare ballast, no change. Igniter board looks fine, nothing charred or loose.

Any other ideas of what to check next?

Mike

Yes don’t meter that. I should of mentioned this as well. When I say check I meant visual check.

Thank you for the input. While unplugged I metered across the igniter board, both sides had continuity.

I then though of the flaw in my troubleshooting, I didn't know if my spare ballast was good. Swapped with the working light, problem followed the ballast!

Brought one down and opened it up, two blown fuses.

I'll get replacements, but why would I have blowing fuses? I don't want to be replacing them weekly if its the product of another problem.

Bad power. Spiked power. Lamp Arc spike.

Buy twice the amount so you can troubleshoot.

Well, still something. Found matching fuses and put it, put it on a light (the one that was still working all last week, and worked this morning) and it popped as soon as I plugged it in to power. Blew a resistor. Now to find someone that does real repair.

File Dec 05, 2 31 12 PM.jpeg

Yeah you got it good. Also you could just remove that heat sink grab the numbers and order it from mouser. But that doesn’t solve the why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back