VOLUNTEER: Church in Buffalo needs sound techs, will train.

BNBSound

This is not a paying gig, it's an open call for volunteers.

I'm helping a small church in the Buffalo, NY area get started. They don't currently have anyone attending who's up for audio duties so for the foreseeable future I'm it which is fine. But I thought it would be an opportunity to hang out with any young engineers in the area looking to get some experience. It's an easy gig so feel free to drop by and hang out with an old pro some Sunday morning and see what you think.

It's a load in, load out situation in an old church. The existing church still meets there after we strike. All the equipment lives on site and the console and snake stay in place. It's three powered wedges, powered mains/sub, about a 12 channel mix on an X32 console. A typical week is drums, bass, up to two acoustics, keyboards or electric guitar (but not usually both) and up to three vocals, plus a pastor on a wireless Countryman.

It's a small room (80 cap) but pretty easy to mix in. The musicians are all easy to deal with. There's no dress code and (good) coffee provided. There's no obligation to do anything other than hang out with a salty old pro and learn some stuff about audio for worship. You can ride shotgun and watch or I'll ride shotgun while you mix. If you're up for it and meet with approval you can sign up for a slot and mix your own weekend. Everything is open ended.

Comment or PM for more information.

Might be worth your time to email your local high school theater program. My second experience mixing was for a church when I was 14 and I gained a whole lot of knowledge from my years spent there.

I'd be interested as I'm still a young (23) engineer with only 8 years behind me on analog, but slowly getting my feet wt and soaked with digital. We actually use the X32's analog big brother, the SX3282, at our church. Happy hunting! Sadly I'm in Wisconsin. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back