Washing a Cyc...

and I don't mean with light...

Does anyone know if this can be done? Is there a company to send out a drop style white cyc to be cleaned? We have some major water marks on ours and I was just curious...

Thanks!

Yes it can be done.

As already mentioned if it is not IFR (inherently flame retardant) you will have to re-treat the fabric (which is something in and of itself).

You cannot be sure how it will turn out, but if it is bad, you can only try and hope. Try and get a professional to do it. You'll want it properly treated re: flame retardant-ness, and you don't want the fabric itself damaged either.

I know a local highschool that had to get theirs washed (a lot cheaper than a new one!) because some students sprayed Coke all over it. It was awful.
It did not clean up too badly, but it was never the same as the stain had a LONG time to set. They still use it, as they cannot afford to replace it, but you can't really notice the damage unless you look for it. So its all good.
It was washed in a very large format machine, not sure of the exact details.

You could theoretically 'hand wash' it too, not suggested, and still have to worry about fire.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back