weird sound problem

Just as a further explanation on why the Inverter Circuit works (since we are a it):
A microphone or any balanced output generates a signal on pin 2, and the same signal 180 deg out of phase on pin 3. The cable shield absorbs (supposedly) most of the RF and EMI interference, but what gets thru and into the cable goes to both Pin 2's and 3's conductor. Thereby when it reaches the Inverter Circuit and gets summed, Pin 3 is now the same phase as Pin 2, so the original signal gets boosted, but the noise is now 180 deg out of phase, so it cancells out on itself.

Ah ok, very cool. This makes alot of sense with abit of what I have been trying to do with producing good quality recordings, with a "full" post mix. I have really just had to experiemnt with where to put vocals and such in the 3D enviorment of the 5.1 surround output (ok, and more frequently sterio) I have been trying to produce. I am not going to have much time to get back working on the portable board that I have run into these troubles with any time soon. I have several big events in our auditorum, so I will be using a different set of equipment, but when I get a chance to fool arorund with it, I'll let you know what if anything else i figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back