Control/Dimming What console?

Last edited:
I've seen the one on his website.
Are you familiar with him?

My question is in a way how does he operate? Like what does he do when on tour. Wake up. Run DMX. Showtime. Use cues or what?

Its not one I"m familiar with...there's a better picture of it on his website jeff maker: iconic

***ninja edit***
And since I'm bored at work I found it Pearl 2010

Avo Pearl

Almost had it, it's a pearl expert, you can tell it's an expert because it has 2 rollers with 10 playbacks, the other pearls only have one roller with 15 playbacks. You won't see them on tour very often in the US, they are a lot more popular in other countries though.

Last edited:
I agree with the Pearl Expert designation.

My guess as to how he uses it:

Set looks/effects/color/gobo/chases/whatnot and record it to one of the faders under the roller bar before the show/tour. Then come show time he can use the roller to select the 'page' of faders and playback whatever may be stored.

Hope that makes sense, just got off of a gig where I was actually using a Pearl board.

Alright I see

So how did he get to where he is now?

He works at the HOB Boston, And tours with a few bands as their LD.

Alright I see

So how did he get to where he is now?

He works at the HOB Boston, And tours with a few bands as their LD.

Probably by working his ass off, getting lucky, or most likely a mixture of the two. There are lots of how to get started in the industry threads, search around and you'll find lots of good info. Now if you just want to get an idea of what it takes to program a larger console then find the offline editors for them and start playing around, most of the major consoles have an offline version. Also see if one of the local rental areas in town will let you learn on one of their consoles in trade for some free labor, there are always lots of heavy boxes and cables that need to be moved around.

Alright Thanks. I'll defiantly do that. I use the hog. So I have a pretty good idea but I do think I should go get into a production company. My nieghbor owns the one that Disney uses so I think I'll go try there. They'll give me a job sweeping floors and winding cables? Pushing road cases around and what not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back