What did you start doing in theater?

My name is Colby and I go to a sports and art camp. I am 14 and what I do at camp is like no other campers. I learnt at camp how do to the light board (express etc 48/96) and spot (Altman 1000Q). My dad where’s many hats and one is a mechanic and the other is a electrician he taught me how to wire things and every thing else that I did not learn at camp. At camp I fixed the telexes I learnt how to patch lights. I wire up lights and I fix things that break around the theater. At school I ran the board (ETC express 24/48) and I also ran the spots. I would like to learn more. And I would like to lean more of the special effects side and I also would like to learn sound.

What's up Colby! Welcome. There's a ton of stuff to learn here at the 'booth. Best thing to do is start reading. If you're 14, you're most likely starting high school so go get in with whatever is happening at your theater/auditorium and tell them what you're interested in.

As for me, I took an acting class in college, stumbled into an assistant stage manager gig while there, did several years as a stage manager/audio/carpenter guy and then somewhere in there I got trained on putting people on wires and flying them. Somewhere along the line, somebody told me I'm a rigger, so I'm all like "What Rigger? Where?"
-B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back