What to do with 700MHz wireless equipment now?

Our school still refuses to get rid of the 700 meg gear. Today they had an assembly, and they chose to use one of the illegal handhelds (even though they have 2 that aren't...). I also just closed a show in the space (Sunday). After the assembly today they asked me what I did to rig there assembly so their microphone would cut in and out (presumably, 700 meg interference...)

I really didn't know what to say...besides, "I told you three years ago to get new mics. I told you a year and a half ago, to get new mics. I told you this last fall, to get new mics, and stop using the illegal ones." Did they listen? Course not!

Our school still refuses to get rid of the 700 meg gear. Today they had an assembly, and they chose to use one of the illegal handhelds (even though they have 2 that aren't...). I also just closed a show in the space (Sunday). After the assembly today they asked me what I did to rig there assembly so their microphone would cut in and out (presumably, 700 meg interference...)

I really didn't know what to say...besides, "I told you three years ago to get new mics. I told you a year and a half ago, to get new mics. I told you this last fall, to get new mics, and stop using the illegal ones." Did they listen? Course not!

I would show the principal the specific mandates the FCC has put out for the 700 mhtz band and also let him know by allowing these to continue use he is offering his job up to the gods and will likely be the scape goat for the district should anything happen.

Since they apparently aren't concerned about any aspect other than the immediate impact on them, you could tell them to expect the problems to likely get worse and that this could happen at any time and without any advance notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back