what to i do???

jj3502

ok i am td in a play (snow white and the dreadful dwarfs) and we need:

sound fx
protected back grounds
protected videos
music

how should i do this eg; power point, video (may be two hard to cue) or some other software or way (i might use duel monitors and use pp and an audio player)

if possible i would like to run this of a Ubuntu Linux computer

bump.. nothing?
Bud, relax. Don't get bent out of shape if you haven't gotten an answer to the question you posted in the middle of the night ...

There really isn't a lot for us to go on here. Sound effects? Figure out what the play requires and go find them.

I assume by "protected" background, you mean projected?

jj3502 said:
how should i do this eg; power point, video (may be two hard to cue) or some other software or way (i might use duel monitors and use pp and an audio player)
The answer here is yes. There many ways to skin a cat.

Generally, this board works better if you have a specific question or problem for us to work through with you.

If you think you've gotten yourself in over your head, best to ask for help and let the others working on this production know that you're a little stuck. There is nothing worse than hearing a dept head blow sunshine up your you-know-what for weeks during production meetings and then turn around and not be able to produce anything when it comes to tech week.

There are many solutions for cueing projections and sound effects. If you are running Apple computers you might check out Q-Lab. It can run both sound effects and projections from one cue list. You may not want to have your sound and projections on the same machine, just for safety, but you can.

If you are running Windows, there are many options for software. For sound, one of the standard pieces of software is SFX. It isn't cheap, but it is pretty darn powerful.

Unless you are trying to drive multiple projectors with different images at the same time, I would suggest doing all of your projections from one computer. If you choose to go with PowerPoint you can do both static images and video in one presentation. However if you need to project both at the same time on multiple projectors then you will need more computers. I would then have one computer for sound and SFX.

The more specific you can be with what you need to accomplish, the more helpful we can be. If you tell us what you already own, what your budget is, where you are located, etc. It would be a big help to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back