Where to find USITT Standard Documentation

kiersplat

Last year USITT had a proposal that was publicly available for new sound documentation graphics standards. I believe these were available to allow the public to provide feedback and comments. Since then they have disappeared. This particular proposal may still be getting revised, however I have been trying to figure out where USITT keeps any of their standard documentation but I can't find information on their website about it. I think standards like this are useful both for actual practical usage and for educational purposes so I don't get why they are so hard to find. I am unfamiliar with how USITT operates. Do I need to have a membership in order to view these documents? I would think that if USITT wanted something to be a standard they would make it easy to access.

Thanks,
Kiera

Also this is technically not a standard. They are "suggested guidelines". A subtle but important difference and one that any USITT sound member who was around in 2007, when the initial work on this was done, will be happy to regale you with. :)

It looks like the website has once again been re-designed as most of the links are missing and many pages are gone. I'll let Davin know.

Joe

Thanks!

Also this is technically not a standard. They are "suggested guidelines". A subtle but important difference and one that any USITT sound member who was around in 2007, when the initial work on this was done, will be happy to regale you with. :)

Haha I did see they were "recommendations". I remember the 2020 proposal also being called "Sound Documentation Recommendations." Still useful when trying to get a standard format across an organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back