Wicked Witch Question

Frank

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for suggestions on how to enhance the sudden appearance of the Wicked Witch of the West. I've seen the "flash bang" effect used (I don't know how to do this and am uncertain we would want to use it in any case) but am thinking about a quick black-out while simultaneously generating some type of loud "crash" or thunder sound while she enters the stage. Thoughts, opinions, ideas, etc. would be very much appreciated.

thanks,
Frank

Thanks for the link. Actually, we've used lights as blinders before and it worked pretty well. Not sure why I didn't think of it this time.

Out of curiosity, do you know what the devices I call "flash-bangs" are called? I saw them used in the national production of Oz; there's a flash and loud noise (almost like a firecracker) with a bit of smoke and they distract the audience for a moment. Are they considered pyro? (a no-no for us in any case...)

Thanks for the link. Actually, we've used lights as blinders before and it worked pretty well. Not sure why I didn't think of it this time.

Out of curiosity, do you know what the devices I call "flash-bangs" are called? I saw them used in the national production of Oz; there's a flash and loud noise (almost like a firecracker) with a bit of smoke and they distract the audience for a moment. Are they considered pyro? (a no-no for us in any case...)
Your looking for a flash pot. Yes, they are pyro and should be treated as such.

...... Something involving tapatalk.......

Thanks - I think that's what they used. Not for us!
Glad to hear your not going to try it without proper training, something that might work not sure how your set is placed or availabilty of a technician is a small water balloon filled with some light particulate (not much) and filled with air. Pop the balloon you get noise and some "smoke".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back