Will Beg For Safety Cables and Adapters

I work freelance for an older theatre in my town that is desperately in need of lighting supplies like stage-pin to twist adapters (Yes, our dimmers are STILL twist) and Safety cables. Where can I find these at a price as cheap and stress-free as possible?

I work freelance for an older theatre in my town that is desperately in need of lighting supplies like stage-pin to twist adapters (Yes, our dimmers are STILL twist) and Safety cables. Where can I find these at a price as cheap and stress-free as possible?

If you are close enough with your local theatre supply company, you can probably negotiate on prices. Especially if you need more than just 1 or 2. To save a few more bucks, you could just custom make everything, but that would take you away from the stress free solution.

I would call up local theatre stores and ask if you could get a slight discount. This is why you always need to be close to your suppliers.

Yes, our dimmers are STILL twist

Ahhh, that's nothing to be ashamed of! I believe they were installing twist-lock connectors up to at least 1995. At least you don't have 2-conductor stage pins!

I agree though, twist-lock can be a pain. Do you frequently borrow gear making it difficult to 'embrase the twist' rather than fight it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back