• Altman Wrench

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Litespeed Wrench

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Wow, I never would have thought of that. But then again, I'm quite weak :eek:

Still, never would have thought of that, I knew too much torque is a problem but I never made that connection--thanks! heh

Hey guys,

Something new from the Stage Expo at USITT. There's something from Stagejunk.com (I think that's right). It's an all in one kinda like the Altman, execpt it has a ton of stuff on it. Check them out everybody was going crazy about them.

Hope everybody that went is having a great time.

I never would have ever thought I'd see an $80 wrench (of sorts). Does it have ratcheting sockets? The site (which is seriously lacking, unfortunately) mentioned a couple "sockets," and it'd totally be worth it if it had some of those, but it didn't look like it.

Circuit tester, good idea though (and probably the source of a lot of the cost)

Anything over a 8" C-wrench Allows you to put way too much torque on a bolt. I used to yell at people all the time when I'd unload Meat racks and the lights were so tight they'd dented the pipe, C-clamps are cast they'll break if you torque them too much.

I totally agree. Gorillas over compensating for their lack of endowdment get to sweep the floor instead in putting their big 10" away.

I like a cool tool as muchas the next guy but I have to say that is and extremely over priced peice of junk. Did you read the disclaimer at the end of the article there? If you have to put in you literature that the tool will be damaged if not seated properly, Then it's time to upgrade your alloy.
Don't get me wrong, It's cool, it does a lot of neat things, but seriously $80.00 ??????

The fact that it is shiny and has a funny name is probably what moves units.

True, I've known many a Lighting guy that was fascinated by shiny objects. :mrgreen:

doesn't fit a Coffin Lock fitting on our road cases - this in not seeing a 5/16" hex allen key sticking out of it. IF the case of a butterfly knob on a road case that you need a focus tool for... be very afraid of what you are un-locking.

Still curious design in kind of being a combination of all forms of wrench including Jesus' wrench in design - just the manual sort as opposed to ratcheting sort. And at times that seeming 1/2" of clearance this tool seemingly needs, isn't always available.

Still, in a all in one beer can opener and pin splitter, and a tool no doubt designed by a stage hand to do it all, support is a kind of industry support type of thing and a good recommendation for those that are looking for the newest in tools that will do lots of stuff. Stage pin, twist and Edison checker feature that also does lamps and fuses beyond this - it certainly is a curious project in a tester - single indicator lamp and all. I'm curious about it. And in many ways while not perhaps the most efficient of all tools, perhaps in some ways is an all in one tool, might be worth it's price for those that have everyting but it.

Way back when and I have no idea of why... the stage pin I splitter was discontinued due to in a urban legend type of way, someone getting shocked by way of splitting the pin on a fixture by way of the aluminum body of the origional version. After this, came the Pinsplitter II crappier version. This tool is all aluminum, me in loosing or having been perminantly been borrowed my origional Pinsplitter I now at least as theory have a chance to get another aluminum form of Pinsplitter I. Or at least experimentating in why the Urbon legend about the (II) version came about.

Still, and again, it's obviously a stage hand that designed the tool and it's unique and will possibly work for many people that want something cool. Go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back