WYSIWYG Renderings pixelated

patrickh

Hi guys,

I know it has been a while but I have done show after show after show and have had no free time. It is now winter break and I have a question for you. This winter break, I had the goal of learning to use Cast's WYSIWYG to start using in my lighting designs. I have enjoyed learning to use the software but the problem is that everytime I render something, it comes out very pixelated. Now to say the least, I haven't done any full plots yet. I have simply worked with 3 front lights and a back light on a standing human. I am wondering how to fix this. Any solutions?

Are you referring to the final render? As you go through the wizard you do get a preview which is all very pixelated.

To do renders nicely go through the wizard and select "background rendering manager" as the type of render (rather than internal). For size I usually go 1280 x 720. Without it open in front of me I can't remember all my settings I'm afraid! Have a play with them. Anti-aliasing I think I usually set to medium.

Once it's done you can see it in the background manager and if you like it you can right click on it and save it as a jpeg or bitmap.

Hope that's of some help!

I wasn't able to find some of the options that you mentioned! I have attached a rendering that I done just to offer a visual. It is the final render. Thanks for the advice sir!

8348-wysiwyg-renderings-pixelated-test-6-.bmp

EDIT: I glanced back through the settings after posting and the pixel count (i.e.- 1280x720) slapped me in the face. I guess I have been working so much in these programs lately that I just overlooked it. I am going to try rendering again and see if it fixes it!

Attachments

• test (6).bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 450

Users who are viewing this thread

Back