Yamaha LS9 Paperwork/Reporting

MaxS

I'm currently engineering a production of Joseph, with an LS9-32 as the FOH console. I've used the board before, however not for a show this large. I'm wondering if there's any way to export printer-friendly reports on channel attributes, patches, etc. Although it's easy enough to save the show to a flash drive every night, it's nice to have things on paper if only for record-keeping. Is this at all possible?

Perhaps you could try opening up the "show" file either in the Studio Manger after shuffling of the setting from the Console to a PC, or open the file the boards saves to USB in WordPad. could perhaps just be a variation of a text document. This is a good question. I am developing some templates so that i can write what the board is doing for users that are less familiar with the digital board; As a way to label sends, and outputs inputs and such in a cohesive way so that i have a paper to refer to. If nothing else a really simple excel Grid sheet could do this. One person to read the board the other type or write them down.

I don't think there's a way to do this. I have to wonder why you want this paperwork anyway, especially in such a time of "it's hip to be green." The "paperwork" is your show file. Save it to the console, save to USB, upload it into Studio Manager. Now you have multiple redundancy and you can open Studio Manager any time you want to see those precious patches.

Be sure that your saved files are dated, so you can tell which one is which.

Here's our starter file if you want to have a look at how we set things up the beginning of a show (the Variety Show scene is the one we use for plays): TP Audio's LS9 Console File

Users who are viewing this thread

Back