Yamaha LS9 Recall/Safe changes for an ACT 2.

NickVon

[EDIT]Fresh Start

The show is a children/young adult production of Children of Eden. I'm using an LS9-32. Between acts we are swapping mics on 4 actors. (Adam, Eve, Cain, Able)

I'd like to recall a given set of EQ and HA and Dynamics settings for act one for these 4 actors. And i have that working with out a hitch. What I have hit a wall on is how to recall a New set of EQ, HA, and Dynamic during our intermission.

Between scenes on the console the only parameters I have that are being recalled is the on/off state of a given channel. When I tweak EQ and dynamics i want it to carry through to the next scene i recall. The exception been in scene 27 (intermission) where I want to set and start recalling a new settings on the HA, EQ, Dynamics.

What i'm trying to figure out is the equivalent of a "BLOCK" like on the ETC Eos light consoles.

My current work around:
I have made two copy saves of the show and act 1 and act2. So during intermission when all the mics are off, i load a the act 2 version with all the adjusted paramters for act 2.

Last edited:
Maybe you should start over with some spelling/grammar lessons. I couldn't get through your post to even figure out what the issue is. Sorry for the bluntness.

Wow.... that post was pretty bad. I have a work around solution for now. Once i get some rest I will repost my question more eloquently.

Last edited:
I think I've got it now, thanks for the clarification. :) I don't believe there's a way to make adjustments on the fly and have those carry over to pre-existing scenes. The best thing I can think of is to save the adjustments as a library setting, recall your next scene, then load the library. But of course, you'll have to do that for every scene. And that's just EQ and dynamics, not head amp settings.

One idea:

During intermission, change the channels in question to recall safe (with the parameters set to those you need safed), and make your changes (either manually or by recalling libraries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back