Vintage Lighting Wanted: GE 4416R PAR36 12VDC Sealed Beam 12pcs

#4416R G.E. #24513 PAR 36, Red Incd. (4x11° BA) 30w/12.8v PAR36 c-6 MOL 2.3/4" Scr.Term 4,000 Cand. 300hr
#4416R Philips #36761-5 PAR 36, Red Incd. 11x4° 30w/12.8v PAR36 c-6 MOL 2.3/4" Scr.Term 4,000 Cand 300hr
#4416R Norman Lamps PAR 36, Red Incd. 30w/12.8v PAR36 MOL 2.3/4" Scr.Term 4,000 Cand. 100hr

Information I have on a long discontinued lamp. The R- part is for a colored Red lens. Given Rosco (nasty) lamp dip is also long discontinued, the 26x 4416 clear lamps I have in inventory would be useless even if you were to dip them as it was an internal of the lamp coloring.

Large order but also very small in re-tooling to make them. GE/Phillips are out of the PAR lamp business, Norman was resaling them. Westinghouse (what ever core brand they are now) is out of doing such things, Wiko/Eiko possibly? Mark DeLornezo from Osram DELO72 an active member of the forum would be good to ask about re-tooling on such a lamp on a quick turn around or sources. Osram still makes the PAR 64 DWE lamps currently used on the Stones and other tours for audience blinders. That size PAR lamp is being built, but the lens and everything about it would be a problem. As with once they made this lamp, there is no future market for it.

What fixture are you trying to lamp? Mars / Tri-Lite: #4416 say old school fire truck light is the only refrence I have for use of that lamp.

I get similar challenges frequently. Not bad to ask on line, but I think time to start on plan b'.

Looking for GE 4416R 12VDC Sealed Beam in a case of 12.

CEC wants a minimum order of 1,200 pcs and a 6 month lead time.
CEC will likely be disappointed. After trying to source some discontinued specialty lamps, I've concluded that unless you're ordering 100k units, there is no financial incentive for anyone to tool up and make them, and it would be a one-time-only run.

Plan B and Plan C would be in order...

What fixture are you trying to lamp? Mars / Tri-Lite: #4416 say old school fire truck light is the only refrence I have for use of that lamp.

I get similar challenges frequently. Not bad to ask on line, but I think time to start on plan b'.
Yep, you got it. A friend of mine is restoring an old fire engine. It has a 4-Lamp Sealed Beam Rotating Beacon that's over 50 yrs old and 3/4 Lamps are INOP(Filament failure).

The other OEM uses I've seen are old disco helicopter fixtures or single PAR36 fixed or oscillating fixtures.

FWIW, Its interesting to see that the new common LED-PAR36 replacement is not anything close to a original Sealed Beam (Spot Beam).

The new LED replacement is more like a modified-flood beam spread which changes the whole performance of the fixture.

Thanks Guys!

At some point... if you see a replacement, given the usage - take it. For display purposes this will not matter and perhaps be beyond sufficient in audience

Yep, you got it. A friend of mine is restoring an old fire engine. It has a 4-Lamp Sealed Beam Rotating Beacon that's over 50 yrs old and 3/4 Lamps are INOP(Filament failure).

The other OEM uses I've seen are old disco helicopter fixtures or single PAR36 fixed or oscillating fixtures.

FWIW, Its interesting to see that the new common LED-PAR36 replacement is not anything close to a original Sealed Beam (Spot Beam).

The new LED replacement is more like a modified-flood beam spread which changes the whole performance of the fixture.

Thanks Guys!
Similar lamps are probably still in manufacture for aircraft landing lights, which you might look into; voltage might be a problem, though--for a 4 lamp display fixture--both that and size are likely less important...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back