Can I get 240V from ETC Sensor rack by combining 2 circuits?

We've looked at getting 208/240 receptacles installed on our stage (for an Atomic 3000) and in our adjacent stage shop (for a newer circular saw that requires it), and -- given that the power room is on the other side of the floor, and our college does not have a staff electrician, the informal quotes were *well* up into 4 figures.

It may well be a big deal to do.

It depends on where you are (the legal requirements to do electrical work and such), and your abillity to do electrical work, as well as the length of the runs needed. additionally, figure out if you need 208 or 240, shich has a large bearing, as one is single phase and the others three phase, which you may not even have on the property yet(or possible to get).

If you have someone that could do it in-house, your still looking at a couple hundred in materials alone. In the grand scheme of things, well into 4 figures isn't a lot for a business to spend.

It depends on where you are (the legal requirements to do electrical work and such), and your abillity to do electrical work, as well as the length of the runs needed. additionally, figure out if you need 208 or 240, shich has a large bearing, as one is single phase and the others three phase, which you may not even have on the property yet(or possible to get).

If you have someone that could do it in-house, your still looking at a couple hundred in materials alone. In the grand scheme of things, well into 4 figures isn't a lot for a business to spend.

It is if you're a Junior College, and they don't really *care* how the show looks. :-}

Otherwise, you have to bake it into Capital Improvement, and that's an annual thing with even steeper justifications...

If you have someone that could do it in-house, you’re cannot think ofstill looking at a couple hundred in materials alone. In the grand scheme of things, well into 4 figures isn't a lot for a business to spend.

I cannot think of any location in the U.S. or Canada where you do not need an electricians license from the local JHA to do any permanent electrical installation work. Might be wrong, I would be surprised though. There was a period in my village on the south shore of Long Island, NY where residents could take a test with the building dept., if you passed you were allowed to do permitted electrical work. I redid part of my house this way, did the rough in, they came and inspected, I finished up, they followed up and provided a certificate of completion. They had eliminated this when I purchased my 2nd house,

Schools for some reason are their own jurisdiction within a city or county that I know of.

I cannot think of any location in the U.S. or Canada where you do not need an electricians license from the local JHA to do any permanent electrical installation work. Might be wrong, I would be surprised though. There was a period in my village on the south shore of Long Island, NY where residents could take a test with the building dept., if you passed you were allowed to do permitted electrical work. I redid part of my house this way, did the rough in, they came and inspected, I finished up, they followed up and provided a certificate of completion. They had eliminated this when I purchased my 2nd house,
Most of NY doesn't require a liscense. NYC and surrounding have local licensing requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back