Control/Dimming CES Sensor Dimmer rack error

Thespian1

We have an ETC Sensor CEM dimmer rack that has been flashing an error message for over a year, but nothing appears to be wrong (i.e. all the modules are dimming fine). I've cleaned out all the vents and gone through the trouble-shooting checklist and all seems to be well. Anyone have any ideas before I call in ETC to fix a problem that probably isn't a problem? Anyone experienced this before?

What error has it been flashing?

It's simply the Sensor light at the top (the one you can see when the door's closed). It's a solid red light if there are no issues and a flashing red light to indicate that there's a problem. The manual calls it the Sensor Beacon.

Anyone experienced this before?
Yup, lots of times. One cause, IIRC, if there's been an error that has since fixed itself, the beacon will still flash until errors are cleared manually. Pushing [Reset] will not clear current, or past errors. Since I can never remember how to access the "secret" menu, nor what to do when I get there, I always call Tech Services 1-800-688-4116 and have them walk me through it. They don't mind, and are nice, helpful, friendly people. My calling them keeps them (and me!) employed.

http://www.etcconnect.com/Support/Help-Guide.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back