Sensor rack saying it's got a tripped breaker, when it doesn't?

Ravenbar

I swapped out dimmer module 49/50 for a relay module, to power a Showbaby up in out grid. I'm unsure as to the history of that relay module, other than that it was the only relay module in the 3 cases of spare dimmers, so prehaps it had an issue but wasn't marked or retired.

Since then, the racks had a flashing light, saying breaker 49 is tripped. These racks originally were part of a 2008 upgrade, but had many modules swapped a couple years back when we converted to LED's, hence the cases of spare dimmers.
I just reset the racks(a 96 channel for the main system, and a 24 channel, which mostly covers the house lights, floor pockets, front of stage, and a circuit of relay power left over from the 2 installed during the 2008 upgrades, one of which was repurposed when the aisle lights were replaced(I've also lost at least 1 circuit from the front of stage when the house lights were replaced with LED(still unsure why LED's required more circuits than conventional fixtures)) on Sunday as both CEM+ modules were displaying gibberish(as well had had errors for needing their filters cleaned, which is what I was doing). In any case, the system's not well documented, at least that I've seen, although there are ETC job number stickers on the racks and such, so somewhere documentation likely exists.

Anywho, I've reset the error code multiple times, and it comes back within seconds. The racks CEM+ has already been reset recently, said circuit is working completely fine powering the showbaby I swapped the module to use.

Since you have the ETC job number, it is worth a call to the factory. I seem to recall this can happen when the module type in the configuration of the CEM doesn't match the actual module.

Since you have the ETC job number, it is worth a call to the factory. I seem to recall this can happen when the module type in the configuration of the CEM doesn't match the actual module.

Never had that happen on legacy Sensor or CEM 3. We used to just pull a dimmer and replace with a relay. The brains don’t really care, they just pass along DMX and the relay just responds above 50% as far as I remember,

Never had that happen on legacy Sensor or CEM 3. We used to just pull a dimmer and replace with a relay. The brains don’t really care, they just pass along DMX and the relay just responds above 50% as far as I remember,
It may have been in combination with another setting. I see the error that is being reported can be disabled in the settings of CEM+, so something to try I guess.

Look for the simple thing first. I think there might be fuses on a relay module ?
The relay module is working fine. All it's got is a Showbaby plugged into it, and it's getting power
I changed the setting in the board for it to be a non-dim.
It may have been in combination with another setting. I see the error that is being reported can be disabled in the settings of CEM+, so something to try I guess.
This is just a temporary install of the module for this show. It'll be swapped back to a dimmer during strike next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back