DMX operated 4kW or higher search lights with CMY

A good Chinese brand is the fine art 4000 searchlight. It uses a 4k xenon lamp, it is extremely fast. I will take a fine art over a synchro light personally. It uses a dichroic color tube mixing system. There is a dealer in Austin tx for them.

A good Chinese brand is the fine art 4000 searchlight. It uses a 4k xenon lamp, it is extremely fast. I will take a fine art over a synchro light personally. It uses a dichroic color tube mixing system. There is a dealer in Austin tx for them.

I saw those here by a few productions, and was not very impressed, they were using 20-30 iirc (quite a few, whatever the amount was).

The beams were very nice but when using the colors they were not equal, when moving them some of them did not respond etc. so you were stuck with a very nice pattern and one beam just doing it's own thing (or being off leaving a hole).
(And of course no standards or even "chinese standard (xlr3)" connector for DMX to be found on them...)

Granted the techs of the company using them were mostly not great and maintenance was not high on their list of things to do but at the time the fixtures were no older then a year...

lol, this may be a very telling sign
http://www.gearsource.com/catalog/listing/42924 said:
Warranty 48 Hours

Regardless the OP specified "Not Chinese".

//Edit: of course by now the may have improved their firmware etc. but I'm not holding my breath...

No matter what light or how new without maintenance they do not always work. I have had at least fixture from almost every manufacturer not work out of the box. One bad one seems to slip through. There is a color difference between the 1st generation and 2nd. We complained about the colors not being saturated enough. They also did some tweaks with the programming reguarding the motor speed and smoothness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back