Control/Dimming Element New Scroller String Name

chrispo86

This is probably a stupid question, but I was patching some new scrollers that we just got tonight into our Element. The gel string didn't exist in the library, so I went to create it while in the patch screen (select the appropriate channel, go into attributes, click scroller, click new). I got the new string set up with all the colors in and the profile is working fine. The one thing that I can't for the life of me figure out is how to re-name the new gel string from "New Wheel (1)" to something else. I looked in the manual, and it says to click label and type the new name and press enter, however when I do that it applies the label to the channel that I was working on when I went into the scroller settings and not the "New Wheel (1)". I know I'm missing something stupid, but I can't figure out where I'm going wrong. Some help please?

Thanks!
(PS I'm running the latest software)

Update: I just watched the Element Training Video on YouTube pertaining to patching scrollers. The "Label" softkey shown in that version of software is no longer present in the latest update. The function I described above was pressing the physical "Label|Note" key on the console.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back