ETC Announces the ColorSource PAR, a low(er) budget LED

So it seems to me that the next logical step for manufactures will be something with RGBAWM+UV which would in theory allow deep saturated colors along with good color temperature for front lighting.

So it seems to me that the next logical step for manufactures will be something with RGBAWM+UV which would in theory allow deep saturated colors along with good color temperature for front lighting.

The Selador Lustre series 2 line already produces good deep blues, as well as good tints, no UV needed. Could use maybe some more red, but it's always a trade off in emitters vs. space.

Have used them for some years now at the two venues I work at, both 350 cap venues 10x10 stages. We have both original csp and deep blue (mainly for backlight) with narrow circular and the 45 degree lens drop-ins and can't fault them at all . the colour renders really well alongside our lustr 2 fixtures. one venue is a dance venue and the csp work really nice as mid/ heads. barely use gel nowadays for our own productions.

Firstly I admire that hackers reference. and yes have used them for front light too . they work pretty well in the range of warm whites and colds from the non deep blue fixtures.

Firstly I admire that hackers reference. and yes have used them for front light too . they work pretty well in the range of warm whites and colds from the non deep blue fixtures.
I have the standard version in my rig. I agree they do a wonderful job with the all the lighter saturated colors you want in a typical theater setting. They are a little weak in the blue/purple range, but they have fixed that with the deep blue version.

The color source par has been one of my favorite fixtures for a very long time. Especially once I was able to get some into a local venue as their rep plot down light and wash. Beautiful color quality and dimming. Their color gamut doesn't quite have the same reach as other x7 fixtures I have used or seen, but for a small cap theater they have been the best purchasing decision made in the lighting rig. They also upgraded to Ion at that time which is a close second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back