Control/Dimming ETC Element Manual Master Issue

Hello,
I am having a problem where in the manual (Pg. 144) for the ETC Element it says that under show settings there should be an option for a manual master. With the show we are currently working on I am trying to avoid timed cues, as the length of transitions may change every night. I was hoping to use the manual master option to allow me to use the faders for every cue and, if possible as crossfaders. I have found that using go to cue followed by a cue number and the manual soft key does what I want, but I would have to do this for every cue as I go through the show. There is no button where the manual says the manual master option should be, which is upsetting.

Has anyone had any experience with this?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Pretty sure there's a way to do this, but I'm blanking. However, there are many smart people on a Facebook group called "ETC Eos Family Console Programmers" which you can request to join. It is uncanny, post your problem there and someone will post a solution within minutes (if not seconds).

Set the cue time to manual.

Type: [CUE] XX [TIME] {MANUAL}

Manual should be a soft key that populates once you start typing.

Set the cue time to manual.

Type: [CUE] XX [TIME] {MANUAL}

Manual should be a soft key that populates once you start typing.

I have tried that also but when every cue is manual the faders do nothing.

Pretty sure there's a way to do this, but I'm blanking. However, there are many smart people on a Facebook group called "ETC Eos Family Console Programmers" which you can request to join. It is uncanny, post your problem there and someone will post a solution within minutes (if not seconds).
I will request to join this thanks for shining light on it for me. Pun intended.

What software version are you using? There were considerable changes to these areas in both versions 2.2 and 2.3.

Last edited:
For manual control, you can either specify on a cue level, by setting the time to manual, or you can set the cue list fader to manual master mode. As mentioned, the former requires that you press go, then move the faders from the bottom to manually control the cue. To accomplish the latter, you can change the fader setting in the cue list screen, or by selecting your cue list, and using the "fader" SK to toggle through the options until you get to "manual master". Using this mode does not require you to change the timing on individual cues. When in manual master mode, moving the fader from either 100% or 0% will start the cue, which will complete when the fader reaches the other end of the range. In this mode, once a cue has completed, the next cue will automatically load, without the need for a go button. This means you can treat the faders almost like traditional crossfaders. However, when in manual master mode, you still have the option of pressing the go button, and the cue will obey its timing like in normal operation. I hope this makes sense, and that it works as you hope for your show. For reference, this method works on software v2.3, and may not behave in the same way on previous versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back