Control/Dimming Fading/Cycling through different colors on my Chauvet Obey 8?

Hi,

I'm a newbie. :oops:

I currently have 3 American DJ RGB Profile Panels and wanted to control the level of light intensity using a dimmer. I bought the Chauvet Obey 8 and connected it. I'd like to know if there is any way to set it to circle through different colors automatically using the Obey 8. Is there any way to do this a simple way?

I figured out how to do this using only the American DJ profiles, but I need to control the intensity of the light, so I need to use the Chauvet Obey 8.

Anyone know how to do this?

I am very thankful for your help!

I've never used either piece of equipment you're using, but here are some general guidelines. First, just to be clear, a DIMMER is a separate piece of hardware. You'll need 3 components to make this work. Your Instruments (ADJ Profile Panels) connected to your Power Source (Dimmer plugged into line voltage), connected to your Controller (Chauvet Obey 8). With this system hooked up, you're ready to manipulate intensity and color.

Are you wanting the lights to cycle through colors together, or individually? If you want them to change together, I would write a separate cue for each color and then loop them. 1-2-3-4,1-2-3-4,1-2-3-4, etc etc.

Is it this one? American DJ Homepage If so, it doesn't need a dimmer so don't connect it to one. Dimming an LED is accomplished via an intensity channel built into the fixture's profile/personality/etc., depending on what that console calls it, or via changing the various levels of RGB.

As far as CYCLING through various colors, I believe you'll want to make a cue that cycles through various colors (i.e., step 1, red, step 2, blue, step 3 orange, step 4 purple, etc). Since each controller is different, read up on how to make a multi-step cue. That controller is probably pretty basic, so I doubt you're going to be able to make a color cue, then a separate intensity cue and run them concurrently. But I could be wrong as I've never seen that controller.

It is also possible that those fixtures have a color scroll built into the software. If so, you could use that and save yourself some time, but you won't have control over which color comes up, or for how long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back