Glee Lighting

I was under the impression all the lighting was computer generated.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I don't know about any of that, but I do know that every single instrument changed color between the two acts. All those PARs went from Red/Yellow to Green/Purple in about two minutes...

Don't forget...this is TV. They could have been shot on completely different days, allowing time to change out the color in the fixtures by the crew.

I do know that this week (not aired yet), they added a new EOS to the show along with 30' of Seledor LED lighting.

I know it's tv, I was just saying it would be impractical to change all those colors that fast, especially with an audience sitting there.

I was told that they use, depending on the circumstances, a mixture of real and computer generated lighting. Some episodes definitely have CGI looking stuff. The lighting for regionals looked pretty real though. Zuixro, the audience wouldn't even have to be sitting there since they could have/probably did film the audience shots at an entirely different time than they filmed the stage sequences.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I was referring to in the world of the show, the audience would have had to sit there while the gel colors were changed.

MOAR NINE LIGHTS!

That seems to be their main strategy.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I was referring to in the world of the show, the audience would have had to sit there while the gel colors were changed.

This is the show that has has more audio processing then the last Brittany Spears album. I don't really think the producers are that concerned with continuity....

I don't really think the producers are that concerned with continuity....
Or realism, for that matter. As addicted as I am to this show, there are a few things that really bug me. For example, the full light show to Dream On during Matthew Morrison and Neil Patrick Harris' Les Mis audition, with the unfinished set and all.

I love Glee aswell,

But im with you Marshall :p Their music room randomly becomes a huge light show, and there always seems to be a light operator pulling light shows from a hat during rehersals and whatnot.

But the lighting is pretty epic during that show :p

Or realism, for that matter. As addicted as I am to this show, there are a few things that really bug me. For example, the full light show to Dream On during Matthew Morrison and Neil Patrick Harris' Les Mis audition, with the unfinished set and all.

Yeah, I thought about that too. It was a pretty awesome version of that song though.

(Also, the set was pretty far along for an audition...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back