Control/Dimming Tying to learn GrandMA3 and need some help

Crisp image

Hi All in lighting land.
Let me start by saying I am usually working with ETC consoles but have decided it is time to learn about some others so if I working in a venue that has a different console I am not so far behind the eight ball.
I loaded GrandMA3 on PC to my Macbook and have an external screen attached.
I have patched the fixtures from my usual venue so I have a reference, made a 3D of the fixtures, made some presets including colour, dimmer, position and groups.
I can use the command line to select and store all of the above.
Now comes the fun part. I want to make some more position presets. I have a group of fixtures (Chauvet R1 Spots 401 thru 408) and turn them on. I can tilt them forward. Now what I want to do is get them to pan towards centre to make a DSC position. EDIT: I have done this bit. Found the little align button on the left.
On the EOS I can fan centre and achieve this. How do I do it on MA3? also if I want to do a XXXX position how do I make every 2 lights mirror each other?
There will a ton of other questions as I navigate through this software. I am using videos online to learn as I don't have access to a MA programmer easily.
Thanks in advance for your help
Geoff

Last edited:
Align has a few modes.
Learn "MA Tricks", Wings, Blocks, and Groups. If your filtering videos to watch the core functions of align and MA tricks didn't change between MA2 and MA3. MA3 tricks is even more powerful. The value and importance of learning "MA Tricks" can't be overstated.

Align has a few modes.
Learn "MA Tricks", Wings, Blocks, and Groups. If your filtering videos to watch the core functions of align and MA tricks didn't change between MA2 and MA3. MA3 tricks is even more powerful. The value and importance of learning "MA Tricks" can't be overstated.
Thanks for the tip. I have been watching some videos and am just getting to MAtricks. it seems to be what I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back