good source for roundels?

Les

I need about 12 Amber 5 5/8" roundels (with the pebbled back) but I can't find a good online source. They seem to be upwards of $15ea and up and none of them seem to carry the pebbled ones anymore. It also seems like the new ones are thinner and shallower so if I could find some vintage ones that would be great!

Anyone know of any sources, or have any stashes? ;)

I checked the used lighting sites and ebay. Found some there for $5 but they're 7" :(

Kopp is often good if you get a call back. Not sure about price - never got call backs.

- Special FX Glass Gel (Special Effects Equip., Lenses, Roundels, Dipped Light Bulb Mfr..) Welcome to Special FX® Lighting

Could be an alternate supplier. Also, dependant on your discount factor with Altman, TMB and others prices for Kopp could get cheaper.

After that, I know there are other suppliers especially on plastic ones but didn't see any somehow in my search in limitation for pebbled glass.

I might have some at my shop, leftovers from borderlights that were replaced. I'll check in the morning.

No dice - the only ambers I have here are 4 3/4" diameter.

Altman carries the size you need as part number RNDL-5-AMB, with smooth and 50 degree spreads listed for $25 MSRP each. Pebbled might be available, but not listed in the catalog. The pebbling just diffuses the light a little, like a frost.

Well thanks for looking! I might call Altman directly and see if they stock them. Next step might be contacting the local universities (University of North Texas and Texas Woman's University) and see if they have any surplus. TWU actually just tore down a good size theatre due to noncompliance with handicap accessibility (would have been cost prohibitive to renovate because it was an old building). It was a nice theatre otherwise. They probably moved the lighting into their other spaces but it wouldn't hurt to see if they have any old striplights and roundels. So many people are retiring them these days. Unfortunately Amber is the odd color because so many people just use RGB.

FatherMurphy, just out of curiosity, were those old strips trashed or do you still have them?

You may want to try e-bay. Some bright spark dropped 10 of our blue roundels and shattered them, i found replacements quite cheaply on Ebay.

Thanks, got any keyword suggestions? Usually when I search "roundel" I get dozens of pages of glass jewelry beads, or people selling the BMW emblem, lol.

I am looking for some roundels to replace some broken Glass I have in Red, Blue, Green (Cyan), Amber the Glass is printed with "CENTURY LIGHTING INC 5 5/8 D. 55 spread" The color of this glass is so much better than the color that altman offers. Any help would be appreciated. surely someone has a stack sitting in a dusty corner somewhere.

Aside from Altman, try L&E or Times Square Lighting. They are the only ones left making any sort of R40 strip light. The A lamp strip light appears to have joined the Box Spot and Olivette in the sky.

Otherwise eBay is your best friend. There are several on there right now if you search "Altman Light".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back