Control/Dimming hog 500 issue

oak1now

Hey guys i have a old hog 500 that i was gonna do a permanent install for and I ran into a problem. I havent used it in a few months but when i decided to pull it out and patch some fixtures for some reason my number keypad is acting up. when patching if i press the number 1 i get output 11 , number 2 i get output-12 number 3 i get output-13 and so on. I tried using a keyboard and i got the same thing. i checked the keyboard seeing and its in english. i changed it to us and i have the same issue. I used the console a few months ago and i didn't have this issue. Is it an internal thing? it seams like its adding the number 1 in front of what ever number i press and it says output. any ideas? thanks in advanced guys

I would perform a cold start. This is done by holding down the enter key and turning on the console. It will boot up into a menu and give you several options. From there you can reset the console to all default settings and wipe all memory which I do before every new show. You can also perform diagnostics on the keys. Be aware you can also wipe everything out and have to reinstall the software from disk. I have done this accidentally and not had the operating disks with me.

The memory leaks in all of the Hog2 based consoles, with Effects putting the biggest drain on the system. Save often and you should do a hard reboot of the console every morning! No joke - you will have the most reliable playback possible if you do this. Because floppy disks are flaky, make sure you have "Verify" turned on in the Change Show window. It will take you twice as long to save to disk but it's crucial to ensure that you are writing to the floppy properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back