I'm suddenly the church "lighting expert" because I said I'd help. Help!!!

I did a small install in a church with an almost identical layout, Unistrut on the first truss, just like Bill recommended, and also some wall mounted positions upstage sides for back light(the main concern was good lighting for video). Worked like a charm.
Some rental scaffolding is very useful for the initial install, and you can probably fit it around the pews too; its much less precarious than using just a ladder.

Inexpensive LED are good enough now to give you very good lighting with almost no Maintenance. You can start small with just enough to get a basic wash, but while your up there, you might as well put up plenty of strut and power. It really won't cost much extra, and it will give you the ability to easily expand the system later. Elation makes an inexpensive 2 output dmx dongle and a software that is easy to set up pages of pre-programmed scenes. Its has a small learning curve, and anyone can walkup and run it once its set up. Alternately almost any of the sub $100 dmx controllers will get you what you need for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back