Looking for mystery sound effect...

You know that sound effect they play in a mystery (especially when comedic) when the plot suddenly thickens? "Dun-Dun Dunnnhh"?

Yeah... trying to search for that in the usual sound effect places, but coming up with a searchable description for that is rather difficult. Anyone have an idea what that sound effect is? Or a better description that SoundDogs of FindSounds might be able to actually find?

If you have a mac, I am pretty sure that this sound is included in GarageBand. I don't have any suggestions on what to search for elsewhere, though.

Is this a variation of that which you are seeking?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

or
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Perhaps try searching for old Carol Burnett Show episodes.

Perhaps shorten this one: http://www.freesound.org/people/v0idation/sounds/115139/ ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe a little something like this !

Sorry, No Mac's here.

The second video is closest... had something that sounded deeper in my head...

Van, that's the same as derek's second video, with terrible quality... thanks though!

Sorry, No Mac's here.

The second video is closest... had something that sounded deeper in my head...

Van, that's the same as derek's second video, with terrible quality... thanks though!

Since you've been supplied with the raw sound now you can tweak it to sound how you want it, might as well put on the finishing touches.

Making it deeper isn't the trick. What the director and I had in mind goes down in pitch for each note... if I could record us humming it, would that help?

You'd be amazed at what you can do with a little editing.

Making it deeper isn't the trick. What the director and I had in mind goes down in pitch for each note... if I could record us humming it, would that help?

It might be worthwhile, 'cause what I posted is what I think of. I've heard different versions of that but even a non musician like me could pick that out on a keyboard. Do a preset with Orchestra and it'd sound pretty good I think.

It might be worthwhile, 'cause what I posted is what I think of. I've heard different versions of that but even a non musician like me could pick that out on a keyboard. Do a preset with Orchestra and it'd sound pretty good I think.

Or, take the one you like thats posted on here, and get Audacity. It's free, and quite powerful for what your trying to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played it out as-is last night at rehearsal. Everyone liked it enough, director and the actors.

BTW, my favorite audio app is Goldwave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back