New here, taking a step into Visualizations

Hello folks! New here. I'm looking to get started into Visualizations. I am solid in Hog and Chamsys software but have about zero CAD background. I am willing to spend SOME money after I settle on software. I would LOVE to have paperwork along with with the 3D, but 5 Large is a bit much for Wys perform.

So, my question is, starting from scratch how would you progress forward in both choosing software but learning to CAD as well.

Wade

Hi,
What are the key features you are looking for in the visualiser?
If you are looking for a quick visualiser that can produce paperwork and 3D visualisation for pre programming that MagicVis might be worth a look.
MagicVis comes free as part of the MagicQ software and all information for the Vis is stored in your MagicQ show file.

MagicVis

Any questions with MagicVis let me know.

Hello

I am looking to buy a visualizer (not wysiwyg as it is to expensive). I am an independent lighting designer, running multiple venues, festivals and concerts. The main consoles I use are Grandma2, Martin M1, Etc element and avolite pearl 2010. All of these have offline editors (virtual consoles, Pc based, Win8.1). Is there a visualizer that will allow me to use all these offline platforms, as well as direct DMX in (via dmx to usb hardware)??

And hopping for the best... is there a visualizer that will allow me to use these offline platforms as well as spit out a dmx show (as a back up).. In other words.... Program using the virtual console (viewing the show via visualizer)and/or re-program the visualizer/software to run the show if my board crashed??

Thank you!!

Andre....

Your comments imply a confusion. Visualizers have nothing to do with running a show. They are a virtual stage not a virtual console. That's the realm of the off-line/ simulator programs and whatever output devices you have. Getting output licenses for those boards can get expensive, especially for large rigs.

I don't do a lot of Visualization, but I prefer Capture. There is a lot of discussion here about that and many others. Start with http://www.controlbooth.com/threads/lighting-visualization-software.15187/#post145232

Independent Vis programs will connect with in a variety of protocols. It's usually easiest to use basic networking to connect 2 computers or a console and a computer with ArtNet or sACN.

Most Vis programs will let you build with minimal CAD functions with-in them. They are fine for basic layouts of a band and some "walls" to shine on. If you want to get detailed models to import then I recommend getting serious help. Complex 3D modeling is time consuming and you might be better off hiring someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back