These Ads will no longer appear once you have logged into ControlBooth.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control/Dimming Odd ION fader wing behavior

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by xander, Oct 28, 2011.

1. xander

xander Active Member

Programmer, Production Electrician
    I ran into something I've never seen before today. Maybe it's perfectly normal and I have just never seen it before because I don't use the Fader Wings, like, at all.

It was an ION with a 1x20 Universal Fader Wing mounted to the top of the Facepanel. When you turned on the console, all of the faders' LEDs lit up RED. When you brought up fader one, channel one would come up. When you brought up fader two, channel two would come up. So on and so forth. Now, there were no submasters recorded in the show file, period, much less inhibitive subs. There was no cue running or anything to inhibited even if there were. The first thing I did was [Fader Control]{Release}Fader20 both buttons to release any content and then all of the faders' LEDs turned off and everything seemed normal. I then went to Fader Configuration in Setup and it had all the faders listed as Unmapped.

Anyone know what was going on?

Thanks,
    -Tim
  2. tyler.martin

tyler.martin Member

hold the fader control button and push the bump button on fader 20. You are able to change the fader mode from Submaster/Playback to Channel Faders.
  3. xander

xander Active Member

Programmer, Production Electrician
    So what you're saying is that the faders were in Channel Fader mode? That makes sense! I didn't even know Ion Fader Wings could do that...It's not in the manual as far as I can tell.

I had already fixed it, but it's good to know what was going on.

Thanks,
    -Tim
  4. tyler.martin

tyler.martin Member

One of the Software revisions changed that. I believe it was 1.8, which would explain why it is not in the original manual, only the update supplementaries.