Automated Fixtures PCB replacement for Martin Mac250 K

HairyAz

Hey guys,

I have a bad PCB that was sent back from Martin. They quoted a board replacement at $1,700. I see replacement boards on-line for other mac250s but not the Krypton. Any idea if say a Entour PCB is the same as a Krypton one? Just looking to replace this thing at under their asking price. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Light Parts is an acceptable alternative if you think one of the components is bad. They have a nasty habit of sending back stuff with an unable to repair, recommend replacement tag, but that's what happens when you're doing component level repair. If you already sent it back to Martin and they said they can't fix the board, then I wouldn't advise you to send it to Light Parts. It's probably a waste of money.

If it comes down to replacing the part you really should go with Martin stuff. PRG, ACT Lighting, and Light Parts, among others, will all sell the part and depending on their mood/stock/timing/phase of the moon/your astrological symbol/etc.... you might be able to save a small bit of money on the part through one of them, but if it arrives with a problem, or if you have questions with installing it for a part that expensive the manufacture will be the best one to talk to about solving your issues. It sucks to pay that much for something most senior EE students could solder together, but when there's only one company making the parts they get to set their own prices.

I have learned that every Martin board I have seen is not interchangeable between fixtures. They may look almost identical but there is usually just one plug missing or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back