Ron Hebbard

I could always count onto to alert me to all things video, even when in areas I don't check as often. Thank you for your time here and the help you gave to so many. Cheers to you, Ron.

Good evening to all of Ron's friends here on the Forum, on behalf his family and dear friends I want to thank you for your kind and generous words for Ron. Our lives will be much dimmer without him...I asked him to design a new constellation for us so keep you eyes looking up. When he was designing a show he would ask, tell me what you want, the sun, the moon and the stars and I'll see what I can do...he always managed all three...

Not sure what to say except that I am sad, and I will miss his comments and stories.

Good evening to all of Ron's friends here on the Forum, on behalf his family and dear friends I want to thank you for your kind and generous words for Ron. Our lives will be much dimmer without him...I asked him to design a new constellation for us so keep you eyes looking up. When he was designing a show he would ask, tell me what you want, the sun, the moon and the stars and I'll see what I can do...he always managed all three...
If there is anything we can do let us know.

A sad day indeed. An unfortunate part of life. He corrected me on my posts regularly and even commended me for using correct grammar.
Ron Will be missed I am sure.
Regards
Geoff

He liked the few posts that I made on here and always had something interesting and informative to say. I remember that he was gone for a minute, a few years ago since I've been on here, but then he popped back up and was responding to posts.
He will definitely be missed.
R.I.P.

I’ll really miss his knowledge, humor, stories and insight, and knowing that he’ll always give my posts a like.

I have been thinking back about my favorite Ron posts. The "Tommy" stories mentioned above and the "Sunset Boulevard" stories.

Thank you all for the stories about Ron. Being on this forum gave him a reason the continue after his health problems brought the rest of his work life to a sudden halt. I'm sure he is up there looking down and smiling. In my theatre realm there are many examples of the quality and technical expertise in everything that he did.

I'm sorry I couldn't make the virtual wake - 3 a.m. UK time just made it impractical . I hope you all gave him a fitting send off.
I had a dress rehearsal for a Beastly show and couldn't attend, so I hoisted a dry ice fog line in his honor.

Toodles, Ron! Missing you already.

Couldn't make it to the virtual wake, but happy to hear it was a good send off. I never met Ron, but his input on this forum will be missed. I always enjoyed reading his stories and posts. RIP Ron.

Our virtual wake was good. There were about 10 who made it. @SFXFenceSitter was there. She is one of Ron's closest friends. She said he had been fading for a while, which explains his absence on CB. She spent several hours visiting him in the hospital on Saturday. She told us several personal stories, we shared some laughs, we shared private messages from Ron. She said she will share the posts from this thread with Ron's family.

Half of my inbox is filled with messages with Ron. From him taking me step-by-step on how to wire a new Clear Com station (from his impressive memory), to musings about a lady he was courting at the facility where he resided (and so much in between). I knew deep down that this day was coming eventually, but it didn't make me any more prepared. Knowing he was in poor health, I was always relieved when I would log in and see that he was online. I will greatly miss our chats and seeing his posts/reactions on the forum. His loss reminds me to never take my in-person or online friends for granted. Pretty amazing that pretty much everyone here has a Ron Hebbard story. He really took the time to make friends with everyone he could and that says so much about the kind of person he was.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back