Shaking GOBOs

How do you keep tightly focused GOBOs from shaking during a loud concert? They're in 19* S4 ERSs

Where in relation to the speakers are the lights mounted?

If the building's structure is experiencing these vibrations, I don't think there is much you can do aside from relocating the lights and hoping for the best.

Well, all I can tell is that the end result is the pattern shaking. I can't SEE the instrument vibrating, but that doesn't mean it isn't. My guess is that it is the entire instrument and that the entire room is vibrating that much.

I had one of my vendors suggested using a yoke with 2 c-clamps so that the vibration is distributed more evenly, any thoughts?

also, the instruments are on the very last lighting position furthest away from the speaker array.

Depending on the throw distance, it could be the entire instrument. remember that a tiny, possibly unnoticeable vibration on the light can turn into something quite large 100' away.

If the entire venue is shaking (which happens at concerts at times), try mounting the ERS to the pipe with these anti-vibration devices:

Attachments

• Anti-vibration device.jpg
    Anti-vibration device.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 150
All it takes is a request, and you'll have a demo at your doorstep Chris-

Is there any way you can put the pattern in an instrument that is closer? The longer the throw, the more any vibration is going to be amplified. It's not half as sexy as the slinky solution, but . . .

All it takes is a request, and you'll have a demo at your doorstep Chris-

That's #2 on the list of things that would be cool for my school's TD to get a demo for, (or purchase) right before the Element, and right after the MXR.

Personally, I'd love to see another Apollo product in our space. The Smart Move we have works wonders, and your gel seems to last longer than anyone else's in our Colortran ovens.

Actually, would something like a Smart Move keep a gobo more stable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back